The Grant Collection is a cooperating collection of the Foundation Center, the foremost publisher of private funding materials.
As a member of this nationwide network of libraries, community foundations, and other nonprofit agencies, the Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library provides visitors with free public access to grantmaker directories, books on fundraising and nonprofit management. Printed Resources Include: Foundation Directories, Grant Directories, guides to the grantseeking process, and guides to proposal writing.
(avaible online at the Library)
- Over 90,000 grantmaker profiles
- Over 900,000 recent grants
- More than 400,000 trustees,officers, and donors
- Program details and application guidelines for leading grantmakers
- Sponsoring company information for corporate grantmakers
(available online at the Library)
- Educational Support- scholarships, fellowships, loans, and interships
- Arts and cultural support
- Awards, prizes, and grants by nomination
- Employees/families of employees at specific companies
- Research and professional support
- General welfare and special needs
The Michigan Foundation Directory
(available in print and CD-ROM)
Features profiles of over 2,500 Michigan foundations and corporate givers, as well as 295 funders outside the state that support Michigan nonprofits. The CD-ROM features a new searchable grants database including 16,500 grants.
Council of Michigan Foundations
The Council of Michigan Foundations is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit membership association of more than 350 grantmaking organizations working together to strengthen, promote and increase philanthropy in Michigan.