HELP US BUILD A READING COMMUNITY!
Tax funding covers a portion of our expenses, but We depend on support from generous individuals to help fund our adult literacy programs, job search resources, access to the internet, children’s programs, and so much more. Your support helps build a reading community that will benefit Alpena for years to come.
Thanks to the generosity of patrons like you, we’ve been able to:
- Keep our collection of current NYT bestsellers the envy of northeast Michigan.
- Engage over 600 children each year with our annual summer book club.
- Provide an unparalled resource on northeast Michigan genealogy.
- Make available historical photos and documents about Great Lakes Maritime shipping that are used by scholars around the world.
- Provide more books, more programs, and maintain free internet.
There are as many ways to give as there are reasons for giving.
(We do not sell, rent or share or otherwise disclose your personal information to any other causes or charitable organizations.)
MAKE A DONATION
You can donate right now, online or by mail. Every dollar goes to keeping the collections, computer lab, and children’s programs free to all of Alpena. You don’t need to make a long-term commitment to have a lasting impact.
or print and mail form.
A recurring donation at the amount you select helps us manage our operations and keep ongoing programs fresh, fun and free.
Do you have fond memories of visiting the library as a child? Has the Library helped make you who you are today? Including the Library in your will or estate plan can provide lasting support to ensure that the Library remains a valuable asset for future generations.
If you’re interested in an estate gift, give us a call to talk about your dreams for the kind of community Alpena can be. Our long-range plans included expanded ways to engage teens, small business services and spaces, public spaces to enjoy artistic programs and expanded Alpena history collections. Maybe you have a dream about a different type of lasting benefit to our community. We’d like to talk to you about it (and maybe reduce your tax burden or provide a lifetime income at the same time!) Give us a call. 989-356-6188 Ext 25.
The Community Foundation for Northeast Michigan (CFNEM) cares for a large collection of permanently endowed and non-endowed funds. All donations to the Alpena County George N. Fletcher Library Fund are cared for and invested under the direction of the CFNEM.
All assets are carefully invested for a sound combination of principal and income growth, and the Foundation takes care of the ongoing administrative and reporting details of our fund. Audits are performed annually and are available to the public for review.
Through this partnership,
· Our fund benefits from being a part of a larger, multi-million dollar pool of assets;
· Donors to our fund can be assured that information about the size and nature of their gift is held in confidence and that it will be used for the purpose for which it was given;
· Donors have the right to remain anonymous, in which case, their name will not be printed in any Foundation publication;
· We are assured that our fund at the Community Foundation provides the greatest positive community impact with minimum cost and maximum tax deductibility.
HONOR AND MEMORIAL GIFTS
Remember or honor someone special by making a gift in their name, which will serve our community for years to come.
BUSINESS SUPPORT OR SPONSORSHIP
Your business can help us serve the vulnerable peope in our community, and signal your commitment to Alpena. If you’re interested in a corporate sponsorship opportunity, give us a call to discuss your goals.