Digital art, once called computer art or new media art, refers to art made using software, computers, or other electronic devices. Anything produced or made on digital media, such as animations, photographs, illustrations, videos, digital paintings, and such can be classified as digital art.
Digital art has countless applications and uses but is most commonly used in commercial settings. These include media advertisements and producing visual graphic effects and animations in films, video games, etc.
The ease of publishing, sharing, and selling digital art has made many new jobs and careers available for digital artists all around the world. Digital art can also be used to create graphic designs.
ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT
- Kamvas 12 is a creative pen display featuring a full-laminated and 1920×1080 full HD screen with vibrant color(16.7 million colors&120%s RGB), so you can see every detail of your creation clearly and vividly. The anti-glare film can provide you the most natural paper-feeling surface and prevents any unwanted distracting reflection.
- Powered by Huion PenTech3.0 , PW517 digital pen works like a real pen. It is ultra responsive to every pen movement and virtually no lag. With reduced parallax, it offers amazing accuracy and control. It is compatible with MacOS 10.12 or later, Windows 7 or later, Linux(Ubuntu) and Android devices that support USB3.1 GEN1 and DP1.2.
- Kamvas 12 graphics drawing tablet supports USBC-C to USB-C connection. You can connect this drawing monitor to your Linux, Mac, Windows computer or Android device directly with Huion full-featured USB-C cable (sold separately) while your device does not have HDMI port. It is easy to connect and set upstart your creation in any creative software like Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom,Painter, Draw, Paintshop Pro,Sketchbook and more!
- With 8 customizable express keys on the monitor and 2 buttons on the pen, you are able to program for your favorite keyboard shortcuts, like Pan/Scroll, Undo, Eraser, etc. Optimize your workflow with just a simple press at your finger. 11.6inch compact sized perfectly fits in a laptop bag for carrying out and for limited desktop areas.
The Library has Krita installed on our devices for use in the MakerLab. However, the following software is compatible with the Huion Kamvas 12:
- Adobe Photoshop – best resolution for digital art
- Clip Studio Paint – unlimited brushes for coloring
- Adobe Illustrator – best tool to vectorize your drawing
- Krita – best tool for beginners
- inPixio Photo Studio Pro 12 – best for photo-editing tool
- Corel Painter – best for concept art
- Autodesk Maya – best for sketch and technical drawing
The artist will need to bring a flash drive with them to save their artwork to.