The Cricut Maker is an electronic cutting machine that works with Cricut Design Space. The Cricut can cut up to 100+ materials- from velum, vinyl, cardstock, fabric, paper, and leather plus many more, making the Cricut more versatile than most cutters.
ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT
- ART AND CRAFT CUTTING MADE SIMPLE, EVEN FOR BEGINNERS – Designed with simplicity and value in mind, bust out your DIY dreams and create fresh styles for your T-shirts, home decor, and more with the Cricut Explore Air 2 classic cutting machine
- CUTS 100+ MATERIALS WITH EASE – The included Premium Fine-Point Blade lets crafters make precise, intricate cuts from a variety of popular materials like cardstock, vinyl decal, HTV iron-on and more. Also works with glitter paper, cork, and Infusible Ink
- APP BASED CRAFTING TOOL WITH WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY – With just a few clicks, create personalized and custom designs using the cloud-based Design Space app that works on mobile phones and laptops (iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac)
- KEEP YOUR SPACE NEAT AND ORGANIZED – Machine comes with built-in storage on the top and under the bottom flap for storing tools. The reusable LightGrip Machine Mat holds your materials in place so you can easily remove the finished design
- ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES – Compatible with 6 tools for cutting, writing, foiling & more. Add special accessories like Deep-Point Blade, Bonded-Fabric Blade, Foil-Transfer Tool and Scoring Stylus for limitless options.
For a list of materials and Smart Set Dial settings, click here. Make sure to select the Cricut Explore Air 2 tab.
For machines in the Explore series, the thickest materials the devices can cut are 2 mm.
Design Space is a free online design software that allows you to create a personal account that you can design and have ready before you come to the library.
In Cricut Design Space, you can use the following file types: SVG, PNG, JPG, DXF, GIF, and BMP.
Bring your own materials to cut. Check the allowable materials tab for information on what materials to use.
Since the crafter will be bringing their own materials to cut, it is free to use the Cricut Explore Air 2.